Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Epiphany

Epiphany of the Lord
Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. Isaiah 60:1

I have been reflecting so much on "light" lately... and Jesus being the light of the world. A light reveals things hidden in the darkness. It makes truth visible. It also is much more powerful than darkness... it pierces through it. Darkness can not overpower light unless men cover it, conceal it, manipulate it's natural power... Hmmm, I am flooded with thoughts and reflection about this!! I wish I had time to share more. What are your thoughts and reflections about LIGHT on this day of EPIPHANY!? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy because during our daily after-breakfast Proverbs reading, we focused on verse 23 (in chapter 6 - we read the chapter # that corresponds with the day of the month) that says, "For these commands and this teaching are a lamp to light the way ahead of you."

My focus with the kids was that because of Satan and his demons this world is filled with darkness (aka evil - a word they understand better) but God gives us His word and His Holy Spirit, and they both give us light in that darkness. I asked them what they would do if they were outside in the dark with NO LIGHT at all, but then all of a sudden there was a little bit of light. And I told them that staying in the Light is where we are safest because in the darkness, our souls are not safe.

I'm fairly certain all of it went straight over their heads, but some day they will understand. And they did understand the gist: that obeying God's rules (ie. Mom & Dad's rules!) is where they are safest. :)

Plus, God obviously (always!) spoke to me through it. Sometimes, if I'm honest, I resent the light. I don't WANT to do the right thing and I want to do things MY way, but GOD GAVE ME THAT LIGHT to keep us safe. Maybe not physically, but spiritually and even emotionally. And every time I choose the dark path over the Light, it hurts both me and many times others as well. Sigh.

And there you have it: longest comment ever. :)

LOVE YOU and THANK YOU FOR YOUR PACKAGE!! I'm trying to find the perfect spot for your calendar so I'm reminded to pray for you and Operation Joshua more often! And um...stay with us for a week?!? We would LOVE that, but we'll probably have you sign some kind of disclosure freeing us from all responsibility for any emotional damage that our crazy life may incur. HAHAHA!