Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just One...

This came in an encouragement e-mail to me a few days ago... and I cry, AMEN!

“If I Forget the Ones.” ~ originally recorded by Steve Chapman:

I’d love to stand upon a mountain
And look down upon the world and see
A thousand times a thousand people
And tell them all what Jesus did for me

I’d love to visit all the sick and aged
And tell them there’s new life to be
I’d love to visit all the kinds of prisons
And tell each one there He can set them free

And I’d love to travel on the oceans
To all the nations and the seas
And show the wanderer traveling in darkness
The light that shines upon the road for me

(The chorus so tenderly and carefully says...):

Oh, but Lord, remind me daily of my neighbor
And those who may know me by my name
If I forget the ones and think of millions
It would be much more for me than eternal shame


Just one. That’s all He asks us to focus on. Who will it be today? To the world you may just be one person – but to that person you may be the world. In that instance, show them Jesus. Their world will never be the same.

After a rather depressing couple of hours dealing with frustrating issues... I was out on my balcony weeping and praying and journaling... when out came my neighbor across the street onto her fourth floor apartment balcony. I have been praying for this ONE for a long time... and God immediately invigorated and empowered me to strike up another conversation with her... in Greek of course, the only language she speaks. For the first time we communicated that we should meet down below on the road and talk face to face. It was a pleasant encouraging chat. I can't tell you half of what she tried to say... but our smiles spoke volumes as usual... and I understood when she grabbed my waist and said I'd gotten smaller since she first saw me, haha. I'll take that as a compliment, woohoo!! ;) I tried to give her a New Testament in modern Greek but she didn't take it. :S I'll keep praying more for that...... Anyway, Lord, continue to help me be a spotlight pointing to YOU for this precious ONE of yours. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post, Meggan! It helps me SO much to think about everything this way. Life can get so overwhelming when we think about all those lost souls out there...all the hurting children across the globe...all of the trials I'll face in the days to come. Praise God He doesn't expect us to worry about tomorrow!! He wants our focus to be on TODAY, and He wants us to know that He is our strength through it all. Thanks for this great reminder! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and keep us posted on what you find out about your tooth issue. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that, but happy you are able to focus on the positive. You're just amazing!